P90X Day 60 Results

0

Category : ,

Two months ago I started P90X.  At the time I had been running quite a bit, but hadn't done much strength training since my senior year of high school.  From my experience I believe that P90X will make you a better runner.  I know there is a lot of debate about that in the Runner's World forums, but my 30 Day Results and my performance at the Music City Marathon in April indicate to me that it works.
Here are my body stats at the beginning of P90X:

Weight: 191
Chest: 36.5"
Waist: 36"
Hips: 36.5"
Right Thigh: 24.5"
Left Thigh: 24.5"
Right Arm: 13.75"
Left Arm: 13.5"

After 60 Days:
Weight: 189
Chest: 39.25"
Waist: 34.5"
Hips: 37"
Right Thigh: 24.5"
Left Thigh: 24.5"
Right Arm: 15"
Left Arm: 15"

Clearly my upper body saw the greatest benefit from using P90X. But overall my entire body has gotten stronger. My time per mile has dropped by approximately one minute, while I have only been running one or two days a week.  While certain wouldn't recommend only using P90X as a runner, I do believe that it can dramatically help improve your running.

If you have used P90X, even if you aren't a runner, what have your results been?
If you are a runner and have used it, what benefits, if any do you see in your running?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails