Soaring Wings Half Marathon; 3 Reasons to Run It

0

Category : , , , ,

So I have only been back into running for about a year now, but by far my favorite race has been the Soaring Wings Half Marathon in Conway,AR.
Here are some of the reasons it's a favorite:
1. It's for a great cause.  Helping kids in need is what I'm about.  It's why I ran St. Jude's as my first marathon, it's why I work with teenage boys who are battling addiction, it's why I've renewed this blog: to bring my passions of running and helping others together.  Soaring Wings Ranch provides a permanent place for children who have been victims of difficult circumstances.
2. It's a great race.  Some of the hills on the course are grueling, but the support is awesome!  Last year at the race, kids from the Ranch had gone out and written messages in sidewalk chalk along the race course, they are also present at the aid stations and finish line to present you with your medal.  There is also plenty of fan support from the community, with lots of people coming out from their homes to cheer the runners on.  The food afterwards is also pretty amazing!
3. The Cost.  Today is last day to get the early bird cost of $30 dollars.  Tomorrow is jumps up to a whooping $40!  This is one the cheapest races I have ever been a part of, ever!  But don't let the cost fool you. The finisher medals are nice, the long sleeve tees are great quality, and like I said, the food afterwards is great.  One of the things this tells me is that Soaring Wings Ranch has sponsors that really believe in them and that the race organizers know what runners like.  Quite impressive for a race that is only going into its 3rd year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails