The First Half Marathon

1

Category : , , , , ,

Tonight Meg (my wife) and I registered for our first half-marathon. It's goes along with the path we are taking in order to run our first marathon by the end of the year (the plan, by the way is to run the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis). But this is more than a half-marathon, here are some interesting details that will make this special:

1. The event falls on Meg's birthday. It would be right to tell you how young she'll be, but I simply love the fact that we will be out there running in the same event on her birthday!
2. The Soaring Wings Half-Marathon in Conway, AR is for a great cause. Soaring Wings Ranch is a Christ-centered ranch for abused and neglected children. For more information about the ranch you can read their mission statement or check out there homepage. If you will be in the area on October 24, you can register for the event here.
3. This event will also be amazingly fun because several people from our church's running club are already signed up and several more have given some type of verbal commitment to participating in the event. Running is so much better when you have a great support team!
4. This event also falls perfectly in line with Hal Higdon's training program that I am using to get ready for the marathon in December. Since this will be the first time for me to run either of the distances in a race, it should give me a better idea of how I hope to finish in December.

I hope you'll join us for what should be a great event!

1 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

You are going to do great. I'm excited for you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails